Reading is very important at SFDS and we believe to instill a love of reading we must put pupils at the heart of the process. We introduced Reading Ambassadors to provide pupil's voice in how we promote reading throughout the school.
Reading Ambassadors are chosen for their love of reading, their willingness to share this passion with others and enthusiasm to promote reading throughout the school.
Role in Action:
* Part of the job of the Reading Ambassador is to encourage others in their class to read.
* Monitor children’s attainment of the weekly reading challenge.
* Share book reviews and recommendations with their classes.
* Complete library audits to find out what books, genres, dictionaries and thesauruses are needed to support reading.
* Help with reading events across the school.
* Help create displays to promote reading within school.
* Provide ideas to improve the curriculum