During our Careers Visit to Liverpool Town Hall, we were able to experience and better understand the role of the Lord Mayor of Liverpool and her team members.
The Lord Mayor of Liverpool is always a serving Councillor, elected by the full City Council. Her/his duties include...
• Representing the city at civic functions/engagements
• Promoting the city nationally & internationally
• Supporting local charities & community groups
• Attending religious events of all denominations
• Meeting delegates from twinned cities
• Chairing Council meetings
• Conferring Honorary Freemen and Freedom of Associations & Institutions.
Our school councillors were able to ask questions about a career in serving the city and its people as well as enjoy a comprehensive tour of the chambers where important meetings take place and decisions are made.