Annual Barcelona Trip for Year 6
This is a 6 day/5 night residential in June/July. Pupils take part in several cultural and fun activities including visits to the La Sagrada Familia, the Nou Camp Stadium, the Olympic Stadium and Villanova Town as well as spending a morning at the beach to play games, a salsa lesson and a day at Port Aventura theme park. This broadens pupils experience of another country's culture and practice the Spanish the have been learning since Year 3.
This trip has been running for 15 years and is something we are incredibly proud of. All activities are carefully chosen to provide a mix of cultural and fun experiences which, as well as being an unforgettable time for anyone lucky enough to take part, also improves independence, resilience, social skills, confidence/self esteem, and personal responsibility. What a life enhancing opportunity!
- Port Aventura theme park - all the thrills and excitement of rollercoasters, water rides and speed. Less daunting rides are available for those who prefer a more sedate afternoon!
- A tour of the Nou Camp stadium and museum - the most visited attraction in Spain and where we can absorb the history of FC Barcelona. More than a Club!
- A visit to La Basilica de la Sagrada Familia (The Holy Famiy) - Guadi's nearly finished masterpiece is a jaw dropping experience for everyone. We have adopted the symbols of the Matthew, Mark, Luke and John at the central alter for our own house teams. As a Catholic school this something of a pilgrimage for us now.
- A visit to a Villanova (local fishing town) - the children go around the local fishing market and the town centre (using their Spanish language skills from school) before walking down the ramblas to the beach for water sports!
- Beach games - volleyball and footy on the beach. Definitely a step up from Crosby!!
- Watersports in the sea - what an amazing afternoon kayaking, sailing, sliding and splashing in the mediterranean.
- Salsa Lessons - lead by professional dancers our staff and pupils learn stylish Latin moves!
- Spanish food experiences - our pupils get to try some new dishes and flavours! No fussy eaters allowed!!
- Outdoor pool time - pool games and fun at the resort
- Disco - nightly disco and entertainment in the open air
We stay in high-quality chalets at Vilanova Holiday Park on the outskirts of Barcelona. The park is in a beautiful location, ideal for children, with full sports facilities including football pitches and outdoor swimming pools.
The trip is always hugely popular with children (and staff) and is an unforgettable way to end their four year journey with us.